Live-In Home Health Aides
Live-in Home Health Aides (HHA's) are paraprofessionals who have received specialized training for certification as a HHA, and who meet State of Minnesota standards. Our Live-in HHA's work under the supervision of our RN Case Manager or Therapist and provide a broad range of assistance while living in a household.
Live-in HHA's work an average of 8-12 hrs in each day, then remain in the home "on call" for the remaining hours of the day. They are given the opportunity to receive 8 hours uninterrupted sleep each night, though they will assist a recipient to the bathroom in the middle of the night if the need arises.
Live-In Caregivers provide a variety of services, including:
- Companion care and home safety supervision
- Assistance with bathing, showering, dressing, grooming, and toileting
- Medication Reminders
- Assistance with mobility and transferring (ex: bed to wheelchair)
- Shopping and errands
- Dementia / Alzheimer care
- Preparing and cooking meals and snack
- Light Housekeeping & Laundry
- Supervision of diet and nutrition
- Light exercise, going for walks together
- Assistance with mail and email correspondence
- Daily/weekly updates to immediate family/POA